Fwd: Re: [xml] parser warning: URI is not absolute

According to http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-names11/ , "The use of relative IRI references, including
same-document references, in namespace declarations is deprecated."
Please see also http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xppa

--- "Oleg A. Paraschenko" <olpa xmlhack ru> wrote:

  Hello,

  while parsing the document

<doc xmlns='my-ns1'/>

  I get the error:

test.xml:1: warning: xmlns: URI my-ns1 is not absolute

  What is the reason to issue the warning? I haven't found anything
in the "Namespaces in XML 1.1" recommendation that recommends to do so.

=====
Marian
http://www.utdallas.edu/~mgo031000/