Re: [xml] Deprecated API

On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 12:46:12PM +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
Is there any #define that can stop me from using deprecated API, like in
glib and GTK+?

  Hum, no. So far it is left as a configure time option.

Is there a list of deprecated API?

  mostly everything in legacy.h , DOCBparser.h, SAX.h plus a few functions
in chvalid.c and catalog.c I think.

I had heard somewhere or other that there was a new SAX2 API and a
deprecated SAX API, and I wondered whichone were are using in libxml++.

  http://xmlsoft.org/html/libxml-SAX.html
  and
  http://xmlsoft.org/html/libxml-SAX2.html

Deprecated functions and module are flagged with red in the generated
documentation.

But it looks to me like the SAX1 and SAX2 API mentioned here:
  http://xmlsoft.org/html/index.html
are just internal API. I don't know why they are on the API page.

  http://xmlsoft.org/html/libxml-SAX2.html#xmlSAXVersion
allows to set up a SAX2 default parser. The change are in the
start element and end element callbacks, as well as a specific value in
the initialized field of the xmlSAXHandler.
   http://xmlsoft.org/html/libxml-SAX2.html#xmlSAX2EndElementNs
   and
   http://xmlsoft.org/html/libxml-SAX2.html#xmlSAX2StartElementNs

they provide far more informations inclusing namespace lookup and
DTD attribute defaulting.

Daniel