Re: [xml] Is this condition (xmlFreeNodeList) supposed to crash?

Jose Commins wrote:

    I do read the documentation :o)

There is some work to do on the documentation, quoting the above example, to compare:

    Function: xmlFreeNode
    void    xmlFreeNode                     (xmlNodePtr cur)

Free a node, this is a recursive behaviour, all the children are freed too. This doesn't unlink the child from the list, use xmlUnlinkNode() first.

    cur:
    the node

    ...with...

    Function: xmlFreeNodeList
    void    xmlFreeNodeList                 (xmlNodePtr cur)

Free a node and all its siblings, this is a recursive behaviour, all the children are freed too.

    cur:
    the first node in the list

... to me its not clear what the precise difference between these two are. Moreover, xmlFreeNodeList does not mention anything about xmlUnlinkNode.

    What's more, this is particularly puzzling:

    Function: xmlCleanupMemory
    void    xmlCleanupMemory                (void)

    Free up all the memory associated with memorys

So does this mean it frees up all memory including new nodes created with xmlNewDocText, for example? It doesn't say.

Yes, I agree with you. Feel free and create a bug report regarding these documentation issues :-).

Tomas