Re: [xml] zlib 1.2.1 problems(?) + fix

I thought this might be worth of mentioning.
I am a follower of the arcade emulation scence and the zlib is used in a

A follower? Is that a religious cult, or something? :)

For some people it surely is. A lot of freaks and people, that take
it way too serious are there. But I meant, that I follow the things,
that happen. Bah!

few projects attached to it and there have been reports, that the zlib
1.2.1 has problems with extracting files and I also remember something
else.

Why is this a problem for libxml? If zlib is broken, then zlib should be
fixed. This will then automatically propagate to libxml and a myriad of
other things that link to zlib dynamically.

Well...if zlib is known to be buggy, it shouldn't be used as default
in something, that considers itself stable. I haven't used the new
zlib yet, but Cowering and Roman (people, that do rom managers, that
are based on zlib and make an extreme usage of it) ran into problems
with 1.21 when extracting files. And I don't know, if Cowering did
the fix or Mark Adler (I also saw a fix for 1.21 once, that credited
Mark Adler as the author).
As I wrote before. I just felt, that it might be worth to mention it,
if somebody might run into some problems with it in the future.

So long
Oliver

PS: I have to look into that libxml static thing for the makefiles
again and have to consult you about a serious multi-threading multi-
DLL problem I got in the next days. As soon as I got time, you will
get a mail from me.