Re: [xml] XPath 2 support?

XPath2 Transform in dsig is just another way of using XPath 1.0 spec
and has nothinig to do with XPath 2.0 spec.

Aleksey

Matthias Jung wrote:
Daniel Veillard wrote:

On Mon, Aug 16, 2004 at 11:12:29AM +0200, Matthias Jung wrote:
xmlsec supports XPath2 on top of libxml.
Ok, it uses XPath2 for digital signature puropse, but maybe its implementation does also help.

 First time I heard that XML DSig requires XPath2. I think there
is some confusion, it does reference XPath1 not 2 clearly !
 http://www.w3.org/TR/xmldsig-core/#sec-XPath

 The only addition is here() which is actually similar to the XPointer
one, not something fron XPath2.

Correct, but xmlsec implements some more transformations than dsig spec requires.
These are not very good documented, but exist ;-)  XPath 2 is one of them.
I am not sure about spec coverage of the implemantation, maybe Aleksey can bring light into this.

Matthias