RE: [xml] problem building libxml2 rpm: missing macros.python file

Daniel,

I appreciate you taking time in responding to my question. I didn't follow your answer correctly. You say that it seems to be a problem with my rpm installation. Are you referring to the python rpm? I also have a system with Redhat 9.0 and even that has the same python rpm, and macros.python file doesn’t seem to be around.

I even tried getting the python rpm, but then ran into further dependencies problems as it required some other packages to be there and the list grows.

I am sure other folks have successfully installed & used libxml on their systems. Could someone point me to the system configuration (which Redhat version etc) to make it work?

Thank you all very much,

-Sanjeev