Re: [xml] encoding question

On Sun, Apr 25, 2004 at 01:15:15PM -0300, Marcelo Elias Del Valle wrote:
Hello,

   And is there a way to specify to libxml that all strings I insert
should be in some encoding, so I don´t need to do it manually? For

  No, the interfaces are all using UTF-8, there won't be any magic
encoding done on-the-fly.

   But what I don´t understand is: I parsed a latin1 xml. So, libxml
parser (version 2.6.9) converted all node contents to utf-8, right? So I
have a utf-8 xml on memory... But when I dump the xml to a file whitout
specifying encoding, it dumps using latin1... and when I add the root

  because the encoding property was stored in the document.

will need to run it on a Solaris... Do you know if cvs version is
working on Solaris?

  The code should work on Solaris, of course.

Daniel