Re: [xml] Feature request: Pop Callbacks

On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 07:39:53AM +0100, Matt Sergeant wrote:
The xmlIO InputCallbacks stuff. Currently we have:

xmlRegisterInputCallbacks() /* push a callback onto the stack */
xmlCleanupInputCallbacks()  /* clear the stack */

but nothing to pop one off the stack.

  Okay, I see. Well I didn't really expected this to be dynamic,
for example this may raise "interesting" multithread issues, sure that
can be done, but the stack is extremely opaque as is, there is no
way to name the I/O methods, a Pop implementation is relatively
trivial, but it would not be a very friendly interface. Do you have
an use case example ? It seems to me that the API need is not really
to Pop as in a stack interface but rather to remove a given handler,
the problem being then to identify it, they have no name at the moment,
the matchFunc pointer equality could be used for naming. But maybe
the Push/Pop semantic is really what you need...

 Yes I usually accept patches if there is a good reason and the code
looks okay !

Unfortunately my C skills are awful, but I'll have a go.

  Well the Pop is trivial, but is that really what's needed ?

Daniel