Re: [xml] Some tarball questions

On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 05:33:29PM +0900, Mike Hommey wrote:
Daniel Veillard wrote:
 Because it is needed when building the libxml2-python tarball.

What do you mean ? There's a special target in the Makefiles to create a
libxml2-python tarball ? Then it may not be needed to include the .c
file in the libxml2 tarball.

  It is needed. It's an external script running on libxml2 and libxslt.

Now if you get a different content, it's a problem, unless you specified
some configuration options which led to that difference.

The only configure options are:
./configure --prefix=/usr --with-python=/usr/bin/python2.3

And it definitely leads to a different file. I didn't investigate in
which way it is different, though.

I have good practical reasons for the current state and so far you're
complaining but without telling how this break something nor why this
might break. The status-quo will remain unless you justify the problem.

To be 100% clear to me the current state is:
  You complain "it's not needed", I'm saying "it is needed" and asking
  "where is the problem ?"

I have a pragmatic viewpoint on any build and packaging issue, if it ain't
broken I will *not* fix it, because any change on build and packaging
can potentially affect dozens of different platforms/Os and special
customer builds, and I'm very reluctant to make any change to those
unless I have a strong point for doing so. Any issue about "cleanless"
not backed up with a detailed problem case will be ignored, sorry.

Daniel