Re: [xml] multiple messages was Re: recursive entities

On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 11:06:43AM -0700, Scott Murman wrote:
I've been told that multiple copies of some of my messages have been
going to the list.  I'm sorry about this.  I'm only getting one, but
the web archive shows more.  I don't know what's happening, but will
look into it.  Hopefully it's not permanent;)

Thanks for you help with the entities.  Now that I know the problem is
on our end I'll track it down.

  Just tell us how you got the "2.0 * &Alt;" value. As Liam and William
pointed out, if you ask for entities substitution, all occurences of the
entities in the document will be replaced (recursively) by their value
in the tree, so activating this option at parse time is garanteed to
get you fully substitued values in the tree and hence by any method
of access you use. The drawback is that it will force loading the external
subset which is not done by default.

Daniel