Re: [xml] Uninstalled .pc file

On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 09:32:41AM +1000, Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:
Daniel,

While playing around and compiling things against the latest libxml
code, I found the attached file useful to have. It allows one to build
things against an uninstalled build of libxml just by setting
PKG_CONFIG_PATH to include the libxml source directory (this is a
documented feature of pkg-config).

  okay, the purpose escapes me a bit, but why not.

If you would like to use this file (which should be called
libxml-2.0-uninstalled.pc.in), you just need to make sure the generated
version (libxml-2.0-uninstalled.pc) is added to the AC_OUTPUT macro in
configure.in as well.

  Hum, if you can fix the configure.in/Makefile.am as needed and add
this file in CVS, then please commit it yourself. Just make sure that
make rpm still works if you have a Red Hat box handy,

Daniel