Re: [xml] xmlNewValidCtxt crash

On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 07:30:50PM +0200, Petr Novak wrote:
Hi all,
I have trouble with xmlNewValidCtxt. I'm not sure I use it correctly (because
I cannot find any example to validation), but it looks like bug.
So, if I can validate XML document aganist DTD, I need validation context.
If I write:

      xmlValidCtxtPtr ValidCtxt = xmlNewValidCtxt();

compile it and run it, system "hang up" and process occupis the whole system
memory and it's killed (on my Red Hat 7.3 it occupies about 530MB of memory -
all my RAM and swap), on Red Hat 8.0 and FreeBSD it's interrupted with message:

./a.out: relocation error: ./a.out: undefined symbol: xmlNewValidCtxt

What's wrong? How I can validate the XML document against DTD and schema?

  Reproduce the problem with xmllint --valid or xmllint --dtdvalid and
I will look at it if I have some data. No way I can guess what you're doing
or why this is going wrong. Sorry I never got that cristal ball working :-\

Daniel