[xml] (no subject)

I am using libxml for a docbook editor. I would like to provide
autocompletion for docbook, such that when you type a "<" character the
editor is able to supply a valid set of tags, and even better, would be
the ability to have the tags correspond with the parent, so you only see
the appropriate tags for where you are at in the document. So I *think*
(I am a bit new to this so bear with me) I can use libxml to read the
docbook DTD to pull down all the valid tags for docbook. Is this right,
and if so, how do I do this? I didn't see an obvious samples of this
(or maybe I missed something.

Thanks

Jim