Re: [xml] Re: XML libs (was Re: gconf backend)

On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 06:08:20AM -0400, Daniel Veillard wrote:
[ Cc'ing to xml gnome org list, not that I like that, but it seems
  totally impossible to get the GNOME core developpers to actually
  go to the libxml2 related list to discuss libxml2 realted problems :-( ]

  One of the point developped in the GNOME desktop devel list was
about error handling, here is Havoc's anwer on this:

: I have two suggestions; the first is to copy GError (read the extensive
: explanatory docs on it at
: http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/glib/glib-Error-Reporting.html).
: The second is to make one modification to GError which is to use
: a statically-allocated struct instead of a malloc'd struct, as in
: CORBA_environment and DBusError. This lets you report out-of-memory
: errors.
:
: The rules for using GError are the important thing, rather than the
: detailed API. Always handle or propagate the error, for example; don't
: pile up errors; fail atomically; etc.

  Should a "last error" code and information pertaining to the parser
(and thread context) be kept. I think one person suggested this this week,
would this make a better API ? This doesn't prevent getting multiple error
callbacks, but would offer asynchronous handling that some people seems
to prefer.

Daniel