Re: [xml] Beta release of 2.6.0beta2

On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 11:34:37AM +0200, Stephane Bidoul wrote:
IMHO, the per context callbacks are fine.
The per thread callback for global errors can cause
problems when a library (or  python module for instance)
is using libxml. Indeed when that library wants to catch
global errors, it must register it's own handler, therefore
overriding handlers that may haven been set by the main
application or other libraries.

  A lot of errors can occur outside of the context of parsing a
resource too. How do you handle them then ?

That's my point: the callbacks mechanism is fine
(and necessary) when you have a parser context,
but I think we could benefit of a per thread getLastError
mechanism for errors not related to a parser context.

  Can you provide a concrete proposal ?

Daniel