Re: [xml] on improving xmlSearchNs

Hi,

That should work becuse if the node uses it then the namespace binding
should be active on that node and hence the search could be shortcut if
it matches.

that's what I thought. It would be nice to have the patch approved

But please provide a small contextual patch

find attached the diff for tree.c (CVS version)

confuse it. Something similar could be used for xmlSearchNsByHref I
think.

looks like the same trick can be used there, but the function is slightly
more complicated and I don't feel confident enough to do the work. Perhaps
it's worth defining an auxiliary function for detecting "shadowed namespaces"?

Regards,
-- Luca