Re: [xml] LIBXML improvements

On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 01:28:27PM +0300, Igor Izvarin wrote:
Hi,

I started to use LIBXML2 in my own project and after reviewing the
source code I found that it can be improved in some places to make it
smaller and faster.

Is there any interest in code improvements? If YES whom I can send the
code parts to?

  There is interest for good code feedback. The best is:
    1/ to subscribe to the list, to get code in you will have to explain
       how, why and possibly discuss with others.
    2/ make sure you're testing/patching against the latest version,
       use CVS checkout to make sure
    3/ always make sure the full regression tests passes before suggesting
       a change to be done. Some parts are far from trivial, and while
       a quick hack may look good on your data it may just break conformance
       or other features
    4/ send contextual patches (use diff -c), make sure you use a
       posix filesystem (no uper/lowercase filename mangling), and
       try to respect the existing coding convention used through the code.

  Following those guidelines helps a lot, read the docs online,
   http://xmlsoft.org/help.html
   http://xmlsoft.org/downloads.html
In the gnome CVS base, the module seems to have been renamed libxml2
instead of gnome-xml ...

Daniel