[xml] RE: xml digest, Vol 1 #1023 - 15 msgs

Buenos dias, Jose,

Since Igor appears to have gone on holiday, I'll see if I can answer your
query.

From: "Jose Fco Gomez" <jose_f terra es>
To: <xml gnome org>
Subject: Re: [xml] Problems compiling libxml2-2.5.10 in
Borland Builder 5
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 13:48:15 +0200

Get the current CVS or wait for the next release. Makefile.bcb has
recently
been added and the stuff in win32\bcb5 is outdated.
Ciao,
Igor

Thank you, Igor

I use makefile.bcb (from cvs) and now I can compile libxml2,
but doing the
make I obtain this error:

Error E2209 ..\xmllint.c 23: Unable to open include file 'sys/time.h'

xmllint.c should have a small patch:

Change line 16, which reads:
  #ifdef _MSC_VER

to:
  #if defined (_MSC_VER) || defined(__BORLANDC__)

If I try to use the compiled library libxml2.lib or
libxml2_a.lib, and I try
to link this to other project, I obtain some unresolved external:

Error:  Error: Unresolved external '_snprintf' referenced from
C:\FUENTES\LIBRERIAS\FEXPORT\LIBS\LIBXML\LIBXML2_A.LIB|xmlIO

Error:  Error: Unresolved external '__endthread' referenced from
C:\FUENTES\LIBRERIAS\FEXPORT\LIBS\LIBXML\LIBXML2_A.LIB|threads

Error:  Error: Unresolved external '__beginthread' referenced from
C:\FUENTES\LIBRERIAS\FEXPORT\LIBS\LIBXML\LIBXML2_A.LIB|threads

Error:  Error: Unresolved external '_vsnprintf' referenced from
C:\FUENTES\LIBRERIAS\FEXPORT\LIBS\LIBXML\LIBXML2_A.LIB|error

Error:  Error: Unresolved external '__fpclass' referenced from
C:\FUENTES\LIBRERIAS\FEXPORT\LIBS\LIBXML\LIBXML2_A.LIB|xpath

If I use your binaries converted using coff2omf, I don't have any problem,
but I would like to compile it

Thank you and best regards

Interesting. I don't know what is causing this; I have no such problem.
Perhaps if you can provide a bit more information, I might be able to help:

I assume you are using a Borland compiler to build the application. Which
version of the compiler are you using?

Which version of libxml2 source are you using?

Do the test applications generated by the Makefile (e.g., testSAX) link and
run correctly?

What conditional defines are set in your project? "WIN32" should be defined;
"_MSC_VER" should not.

Eric Zurcher
CSIRO Livestock Industries
Canberra, Australia