Re: [xml] Libxml2 on IPSO (FreeBSD 2.2.6 derivative)?

On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 04:14:27PM -0400, Zobel, R. David (ISSAtlanta) wrote:
As a newcomer to this list I have a basic question to ask.  I have been
given the unfortunate task of trying to get the libxml2 and libxslt
libraries to compile and link for Nokia's IPSO operating system, which
is an offshoot of FreeBSD 2.2.6.  Also, I am cross-compiling (I'm
running on a FreeBSD 4.6 system), so I need to be able to override the
default gcc compiler, paths, options (like using aout instead of elf
object files), etc...   Does anyone who has successfully compiled the
libraries for FreeBSD have any recommendations/pointers?  Basically, how
do you tell the configure script how to NOT use gcc, override the object
format, etc... ?  I've tried various things so far, but to no avail.
Thanks so much for any and all advice.

 what about configure --help ?
----------------
System types:
  --build=BUILD     configure for building on BUILD [guessed]
  --host=HOST       cross-compile to build programs to run on HOST [BUILD]

Some influential environment variables:
  CC          C compiler command
  CFLAGS      C compiler flags
  LDFLAGS     linker flags, e.g. -L<lib dir> if you have libraries in a
              nonstandard directory <lib dir>
  CPPFLAGS    C/C++ preprocessor flags, e.g. -I<include dir> if you have
              headers in a nonstandard directory <include dir>
  CPP         C preprocessor

Use these variables to override the choices made by `configure' or to help
it to find libraries and programs with nonstandard names/locations.

  Sounds the very basic steps that everybody who ever did cross-compilation
with GNU tools ought to know. Not specific to libxml2 nor libxslt...

Daniel