Re: [xml] Patch for base64Binary datatype.

On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 02:04:59PM -0400, Anthony Carrico wrote:
On Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 09:40:20PM +0100, Sander Vesik wrote:
Anthony Carrico wrote:
+           Ignore all stray characters? (yes, currently)
+           Worry about long lines? (no, currently)

I think the 'lines of at most 76 characters' part should be binned when
used inside xml - It doesn't look like a useful restriction and introduces
significant whitespace to documents that might otherwise not have it.

Good, then you'll be happy with the status quo. I don't know how other
implementers have interpreted the issue, but I think you are correct
that the line length restriction doesn't make as much sense outside of
the smtp/mime context.

  Your implementation passed all James Clark tests on this datatype
which sounds pretty good to me, though none of them have lines with
more than 60 characters.

Daniel