Re: [xml] 2.6.1 bug? echo "<x/>" | xmllint -

Daniel Veillard said:
On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 02:08:52AM +0000, mgrushinskiy comcast net
wrote:
It seems in 2.6.1 reading from stdin is not working as it used to
be.

bash-2.05b$ echo "<x/>" | xmllint -
-:1: parser error : Document is empty

^
-:1: parser error : Start tag expected, '<' not found

^

I've compiled it on Mandrake 9.2. Not sure if others have same
problem on
other platforms.

  Hum, apparently it's the same on 2.6.0, please bugzilla it.

Daniel
***********************
Sorry - first I replied direct to Daniel, then noticed I hadn't
copied the list, so sent a message to the list without my
response... It's been a long day (just got back to the U.S. from HK,
about 18 hours door to door).  Here's the missing response:-

Seems this is related to the code attempting to detect a compressed
file, i.e. something I put in a little while ago - it involves a
"rewind", and with stdin that doesn't work very well ;-(.  Once the
bugzilla is in, I'll take it.  Thanks for the report

Bill