Re: [xml] What xmlCleanup* functions are supposed to do ?

On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 02:41:05PM +0900, Mike Hommey wrote:
Hi,

It seems to me that (with 2.6.0, at least, not tested with any other version),
using xmlCleanupGlobals() or xmlCleanupParser() does absolutely nothing.

  strange, the code is the same.

Valgrind still tells me there is 419 bytes in 16 blocks not freed... Which I
guess is the memory taken by the global variables...

  Well if you want to see where there is a leak, follow the mechanism for
doing so:
  http://xmlsoft.org/xmlmem.html#Debugging
if you can reproduce the leak with xmllint or some of the programs I
provide then give the input used and I will fix it. If not, I assume the
problem is in your code, and the pages gives the informations on how to chase
them down.

Am I using the wrong functions or do I assume them to do something they are
not supposed to do ?

  xmllint.c calls xmlCleanupParser(); at the end of the processing and
doesn't report any leak on the existing test suite regressions.

Daniel