[xml] xmlParseDocument with a specified encoding

Hi,

Is it possible to have a document (as string) in UTF-16 but with an
other encoding declared in the document prolog, that I can pass to
xmlCreateDocParserCtxt and parse with xmlParseDocument? I.e. can I force
the parser to handle the document with a specified encoding? Or will the
parser autodetect somehow the UTF-16 encoding of the passed string and
don't care for the declaration in the prolog?
Any hints?

Thanks,

Kasimier Buchcik