Re: AW: [xml] xmlTextWriter

On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 12:27:50PM +0200, Mickautsch, Alfred wrote:
-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Jeroen Cranendonk [mailto:j cranendonk emaxx nl]
Gesendet: Montag, 6. Oktober 2003 18:55
An: Mickautsch, Alfred; xml gnome org
Betreff: Re: [xml] xmlTextWriter

Cool! ^-^

but slightly double work perhaps ? :)

Amazing! After looking at your code and if I didn't know it better :) I'd say I copied at least some parts
from your code :-).

  Okay, can we get a merged version ? Pick the best of both, assemble it
put both of you as Copyright owners and we will integrate this, okay ?

I even found a bug that we share in our code (I think it's a
bug): the xmlTextWriter allows for multiple xml prologs in the same
document (you can call xmlTextWriterWriteStartDocument after calling
xmlTextWriterWriteEndDocument), which in my opinion does not conform
with the xml standard.

  Hum, the big problem is that if you serialize multiple documents
on a single stream, an XML parser reading it has no way to detect the
end of a document. This open the door to more troubles then it's
useful IMHO.

I am quite new on this list so I didn't know that you were working on the same thing.

  Do not underestimate the search engine
    http://xmlsoft.org/search.php?query=xmlTextWriter
allows to locate the threead where this was discussed
  http://mail.gnome.org/archives/xml/2003-May/msg00076.html

Well, maybe I should stop the work on xmlTextWriter. I do not know, if two slightly different aproaches are
the best thing we should do.

  No, no, don't stop now. Just make sure you end up with something
which souns correct to both of you. Otherwise I will have to pick one
and you don't want me to be the one deciding in an arbitrary manner :-)

Daniel