Re: AW: AW: WG: [xml] WG: Document traversing interface for libxml2

On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 02:08:19PM +0200, Mickautsch, Alfred wrote:
  Maybe the existing code should be removed if we plan to go this way.
Shuffling APIs is okay during the beta phase but once 2.6.0
is released,

Yes, I think this would be the better solution.

  okay

I must garantee API/ABI stability. Extending the base xmlTextReader to
be able to process random data is an interesting idea but might take
a bit of time to do right. I'm rather busy with other things planned
for 2.6.0 (the TODO list is simply scary !) so if you (and
Bjorn and others)
want to work on it, fine, but I can't really focuse on that right now.

I can work on the xmlWalker, but this will surely take some time, since,
like you will have found out, I do not know very much about the internals
of libxml2. I am more the like of a libxml user.
Besides I can work on it only on weekends. So the time schedule should
not be very tight.
And I do not have internet access at home, so my feedback to the list
will be somewhat delayed when I am not at work.

  Okay, if you don't heard from me about it Friday, you can dedicate your
next week-end to it :-)

Regarding the coding style: can someone please tell me what parameters
I must pass to indent for libxml2 code?

  I use the following:

paphio:~ -> cat ~/bin/cb
#!/bin/sh
indent -bad -bap -bbb -bli4 -br -ce -brs -cs -i4 -l75 -lc75 -nut -sbi4 -psl -saf -sai -saw -sbi4 -ss -sc -cdw
-cli4 -npcs -nbc
paphio:~ ->

Daniel