Re: [xml] compilation errors - win32

null wrote:
I am having trouble compiling testwriter.c
(http://www.xmlsoft.org/examples/testWriter.c). I have successfully
compiled every other example. Visual Studio reports these linking
errors:

---
Linking...
testWriter.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_xmlFreeTextWriter testWriter.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _xmlTextWriterEndDocument testWriter.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _xmlTextWriterEndElement testWriter.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _xmlTextWriterWriteElement testWriter.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _xmlTextWriterWriteFormatElement testWriter.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _xmlTextWriterWriteFormatComment testWriter.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_xmlTextWriterWriteAttribute
testWriter.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_xmlTextWriterWriteComment
testWriter.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_xmlTextWriterStartElement testWriter.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _xmlTextWriterStartDocument testWriter.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _xmlNewTextWriterFilename testWriter.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _xmlNewTextWriterMemory testWriter.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _xmlNewTextWriterDoc testWriter.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_xmlNewTextWriterTree
Debug/testWriter.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 14 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.
---

It seems as though the above functions are not in my library. Notice
that it does not complain about xmlNewDoc, xmlNewDocNode,
xmlDocSetRootElement, etc. I am using the Win32 port of libxml2
(http://www.zlatkovic.com/pub/libxml/libxml2-2.6.2.win32.zip). Can
someone please confirm that libxml2-2.6.2.win32 does not support the
xmlWriter functions? If so, is there anything else that doesn't support?

thanks,
Justin

I believe this is a slip on my side. I'll fix it later today.

Ciao,
Igor