Re: [xml] DUmb questions about using libxml2 with Borland C_++

On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 09:06:43AM +1000, Redding, Matthew wrote:
HI All,

I have been hunting around for info on using the library
with Borland C++.  No success on the newsgroups, can't even find good
documentation on using third party libraries with BOrland (why is that not in the
docs that come with the program?  Support for open source is always better).
I have it going nicely at home, under red hat,
but here I have to operate in an MS environment :{.

I see that there is a web site with win ports, but
I am not sure that these libs will work with borland.
Will they, and what do I have to do to get them to work?

If they won't work, I suppose I need to work from the source...and
I am likely to need advice on how to use the make file in the borland environment.

I guess I might be pushing my luck asking these questions, but
there might be someone else here who has just been through this sort of thing.

  Use the search engine:
    http://xmlsoft.org/search.php?query=Borland
points to a number of posts on the list about using Borland with libxml2.
Borland being a Windows environment, look in the win32 subdirectory of
the source distribution, there is a readme, read it, it should explain
how to compile.

Daniel