[xml] Problems with "%" characters in the path or filename version 2-2.6.2

Title: Problems with "%" characters in the path or filename version 2-2.6.2

I have encountered a problem with the XML parser and I would like to know if there is an easy solution. From a desktop application not a web based application I open a XML file to parse.  The filename of this application contains a ‘%’ in the name of the file.  Before you open the file you pass the filename you use the function xmlURIUnescapeString(). I understand that this character should be removed as % represents an escape character in an URI however if the input is from user input(i.e. dialogs on MAC and WINDOWS) the character is part of the filename.  At present I have commented out the calling of this function to get the library to open the proper file.  I am uncomfortable with this solution as I am sure that this function is needed in some circumstances.

We first found this problem when we were testing opening files in a Japanese local using Japanese kanji characters.  Some of these characters contain ‘%’ as the first byte of a two byte character.

Cameron C. Johnson

Software Developer

FileNet Corporation

www.FileNet.com

ccjohnson FileNet com

Phone: (780) 433-3690 ext. 2225 (phone)

Fax: (780) 437-4381 (fax)

CONFIDENTIAL NOTICE: The contents of this message, including any attachments, are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the person or entity to whom the message was addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please be advised that any dissemination, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender. Please also permanently delete all copies of the original message and any attached documentation.  Thank you.