Re: [xml] Licence wording

On Fri, 2003-11-14 at 01:47, Philip Ludlam wrote:
Dear All,

This may have been mentioned before, but the first paragraph of in the
file 'Copyright' doesn't make grammatical sense, to me at least.

Quote:
"Except where otherwise noted in the source code (trio files, hash.c
and list.c) covered by a similar licence but with different Copyright
notices:"

IMHO I think something like this would be better/clearer:
"Except where otherwise noted in the source code (i.e. the files hash.c,
list.c and the trio files, which are covered by a similar licence but
with different Copyright notices) all the files are:"

Replace "i.e." with "e.g.", since although that list of files is
possibly comprehensive right at the moment, it may not remain so in the
future (possibly just due to oversight). Best not to accidently exclude
any files from the exception list by requiring them to be mentioned in
two places.

Otherwise, I agree. It does read more cleanly.

Malcolm