Re: RE : [xml] Parsing invalid characters or entities ref

Daniel Veillard writes:
On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 11:11:37AM +0100, GARNIER Pierre wrote:
In fact I was asking myself about the opportuneness to give the possibility
in the apis (as an option) to replace invalid characters - where it is
possible - by a given replacement character and so to continue parsing.

  Well, clearly this violates the behaviour stated by the XML spec.
So I don't think it's proper to add this for any kind of general processing.

Couldn't he just use the io layer to do some prefiltering?
That would remove the problem before the parser sees it.

Morus