Re: [xml] [Fwd: [xml-libxml] dangling doc setfaults]

On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 12:19:59PM -0400, Bruce Miller wrote:
Daniel Veillard wrote:
On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 10:26:35AM -0400, Bruce Miller wrote:
[...]
But I wanted to repost this here, in case a similar bug is lurking
in xmlParseBalancedChunkMemory that Daniel might recognize, or whether
it suggests a way that XML::LibXML should be dealing with it.

  I think some things have been fixed there too since the early 2.5.x
releases, but without a reproductible test case at the libxml2/xmllint
level it might be difficult for me to really see and check.

I'm running 2.5.7, now, but I probably should bite the bullet & run the CVS;
I've put that off, since there's so many dependences on libxml2's rpm
in RH9. (But I guess that just reflects the usefulness of it, doesn't it! :>)

   cvs update, make rpm and rpm -U --force with the newly built ones.

As for test cases: I'll do what I can. I certainly appreciate your preference
for a finite C case. But since it seems (?) to be pointer related, it
takes all sorts of permutations & head-standing to get it to happen reliable
in perl (and the permutations are easier to generate in perl).  Of course,
if i were to translate it to C (if I could!), it wouldn't fail the same way!
At any rate, probably the best I can do will be something like "Don't we
need a <foo> here?" rather than an actual, useful patch.... Apologies in advance!!

  Well python tests would be okay too... but understood it's not trivial.

Daniel