[xml] Setting textinsert.extension stops xslt at DBXML <informaltable>

If I use the setting
  <xsl:param name="textinsert.extension" select="'1'" />
in my local customization style sheet, xslt processing of DocBook XSL
stops when encountering an <informaltable>.

Everything before, but not including, the <informaltable> is output.

Is this expected behaviour?  Or is it something I should report as a
bug, with version numbers, and a proper testcase?

- Steinar