Re: [xml] xmlbench Benchark results...

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003, Daniel Veillard wrote:
On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 04:23:45PM -0800, Sean Chittenden wrote:
I apologize if others have seen this, but:

http://xmlbench.sourceforge.net/results/benchmark/index.html

libxml performs quite well in the stack up.  Congrats to the libxml

Very interesting page, thanks for posting.

I think I could speed up parsing speed and a number of small
operations by using alloca for some tasks and possibly interning
some strings at the parser level. I will probably go over another
profiling work if I have some time after Relax NG and Schemas work.

Resuscitating an old thread about string sharing, is it true that if all
strings in libxml2 were shared then string comparison (which, I presume,
is extremely common operation in libxslt and xpath), could be improved a
lot (constant time operation versus non constant)?

-- luca