Re: [xml] possible problem with xmlSaveFormatFile

At 05/03/2003 12:18:55, Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com> wrote:
#  On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 11:59:26AM +0000, roger day globalgraphics com wrote:
#  > As you can see (if your mailer hasn't reformatted it beyond belief) the
last
#  > products (those with productIdentity that contain attributes of Plugins and
#  > which represent nodes added by the second process) have not been formatted,
#  > although the others have. The file was written again using
xmlSaveFormatFile.
#  >
#  > It doesn't effect the browser: it's seems to me that the function doesn't
do
#  > what it says on the tin, although I could be missing something.
#
#    Well, basically the formatting prefers to not make indentation than
#  to make an error by adding indentation. In that case I think it detected
#  that there was text nodes previous siblings and in this case it will
#  not add any indentation [*]. White spaces are significant in XML, and
#  if you really need to make sure there is some indentation the best is to
#  generate the associated text node in your code.

Understood.

Cheers,

Roger