Re: [xml] mobile links for XInclude?

May you should consider to use XML catalogs for this.

MfG

Oliver Fischer

Ben Decker wrote:
Hello,

I am still studying XInclude. Is it somehow possible to create a mobile XInclude, that is, one that referes to a variable location, and not a hard physical link. The situation is this: I have a filetree of interlinked XML file and I would like to move the whole filetree to a different location. Would something like this ever be possible:

<xi:include href="$XMLDATA/program/python.xml#xpointer(//python/libs)" parse="xml"
      xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude";>
<xi:fallback/>
</xi:include>

Or is there another way to go about this? Is it possible to set up some kind of a XMLPATH along which xml files of a certian name are sought? If there is no way to do this inside XInclude, is there another API I should examine? Is there a URL anyone can offer?

THX
Ben

This is your brain:
    bash-2.05$
This is your brain on drugs:
    Starting Windows XP...
Any questions?

250 business cards FREE! Create your own full-colour high-quality business cards easily online. Only at
www.vistaprint.uk