[xml] Re: XML Catalogs resolution under win98

As can be read on http://zlatkovic.com/projects/libxml/notes.html , those binaries are supported on a NT-based kernel, exclusively. Windows 98 is not an operating system. Windows 98 is a bad joke.

Thanks, I know about it. It's joke by one of my customers... Basically XML tools runs on w2k platform for them. For me XML tools runs on Linux.

Oh, not your customers. It's a joke from Microsoft and your customers is but another pack lured into buying it. :-) Gods, I cannot help it, but Microsoft's sales and marketing depts are nothing short to genious. They can really sell everything :-) Whatever you have, don't go to eBay, give it to MSFT, they do sell :-) :-)

To put it plain, I don't claim those binaries will run at all on Win95/98/ME and I won't move a finger if they don't. :-)

Yes, it's good reason for getting users to upgrade :)

Nono, an afterwork beer is the best reason for any setlement. Try it if you can and you'll enjoy more than your share :-)

No, it should have told you right away that the URI is invalid. And it should not have allowed you to trick it into using an invalid URI. This it should do on all platforms.

Still, the problem is in your catalog. Either use proper URIs or proper Windows paths, what you have used is neither.

Thanks. I'll try to rewrite my XML Catalogs setup.

I wish you all the luck I can :-)

PS Sorry for bad English...

Begone. It's not my mother tongue either, I surely mistake as much as anyone else. The core of your words has been more than understood, that's all that matters. If you think yourself misunderstood, just drink another few pints... Wether you are happy or wether you just believe you are, what's the heckin' difference? :-) :-)

Ciao,
Igor