Re: Re[2]: [xml] xmlNodeGetContent() bug?

On Thu, 2003-06-12 at 22:57, Daniel Veillard wrote:
On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 09:27:01PM +0400, Alexander Grimalovsky wrote:
$root->append_child($xml->create_entity_reference('&test;'));

  I have NO idea how the PHP binding is done. Provide a Python example
and we will see if I find a problem. So far I *never* got any feedback
or questions from the people doing that binding. All I get is bug reports
about it.

This is not really true ;) There are mails from the php binding
maintainers (me and some others) on this mailinglist.

But you're right, this bug (if it's a bug at all) should be filled on
http://bugs.php.net

Furthermore, the current php binding (as of PHP 4.3) is going through a
complete rewrite and should much more adhere to the standards (this is
just an information to the PHP heads out there...)

chregu

   create_entity_reference('<')
 also looks more than suspicious to me. are you trying to create
an entity reference to the entity whose name is "<", shouldn't
that be "lt", moreover all 5 predefined entities never generate
entities references in the tree.
  In all honnesty, You're dropping code at us, that code base is not
directly related to the code we maintain, and seems to have only very
few attention or debugging. The issues I pointed in my mails about
your code samples are really basic, anybody trying to debug this should
have gone though them, so please do your homework too. Now if this break
with the python bindings then I may debug it. I would appreciate if
you could follow the general guidelines from http://xmlsoft.org/bugs.html

Daniel
--
christian stocker | bitflux GmbH | schoeneggstrasse 5 | ch-8004 zurich
phone +41 1 240 56 70 | mobile +41 76 561 88 60 |  fax +41 1 240 56 71