Re: [xml] getting named entities on output?

On Friday, June 6, 2003, at 01:32  PM, Daniel Veillard wrote:

On Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 11:51:30AM -0400, Chris Ryland wrote:
Is there any way, short of writing a custom output function, to get
named entities (say, all the ISO Latin 1 entities) produced on output
instead of the numeric &#nnn; entity form?

  Which names. In XML there is no predefined names for character
points except < > & " and ' . You're asking for something which
exists in the HTML world but not in XML. You can try saving
with the "HTML" encoding name but you may just end up with
broken XML as a result.

Yes, I understand there are no "standard" entity names, but there are in my application of libxml2 (they're built-in, like HTML's).

And, I presume if entity names are found by XML transformation tools (like libxslt), they'll just be left alone.

Cheers!
--Chris Ryland / Em Software, Inc. / www.emsoftware.com