Re: [xml] c14n - UNICODE normalization

If I'm not mistaken, the c14n.c doesn't handle UNICODE normalization.

I'm not sure what Unicode normalization is, but you're probably right. :)
The code in c14n (and exc-c14n) implement canonicalization useful for
XML Digital signatures. See http://www.w3.org/Signature for details.

It should be possible to use the normalization code from IBM's ITU
(http://www-124.ibm.com/icu/index.html), as it's under the
X License, but the ITU codebase is rather huge and I don't know
how easy it would be to extract a small normalization module.

I seem to recall some postings on xml-dev that a couple of folks tried
to do this and failed.  It's apparently not really feasible to take
"just a piece" of ICU.

        /r$

--
Rich Salz                     Chief Security Architect
DataPower Technology          http://www.datapower.com