SV: [xml] windows binary with different calling conventions

Igor,

Whatever, we are not without an ear. If you or anyone has a good
reason
why specifying the calling convention should be done by libxml and not
by
you, then lets hear it.

Well, first of all you could add this to Your release, and when Daniel
releases a new version that you build, you simply diff the versions
.h-files and only CDECL the new lines. This way conservative *nix-users
that have problems with too much characters in their .h-files (read me
the right way here :-), wouldn't be affected. I know that they need
libraries to look in a particular way, or else their view of the world
is destroyed and they become mentally ill. (Woo, posting this on
gnome.org, I don't wanna know how many fellas that'll rape my email now
:-)

Secondly I don't think a little DLLIMPORT or CDECL or similar macro is
very bloating to the header files, and I really don't understand how
beauty of code could ever be more important to its use, but ok =)
How important is it anyway, I mean who actually frames the header files
and put it on a wall, or use it as proposal speech? I mean come on, read
the dox instead :-)

Thirdly, Win32 (and you specifically release win32-binaries) is almost
only built with stdcall. It's the default calling convention, and some
apps might wanna use stdcall as default if they rely on several other
libraries that uses it. I really don't see the very punch-line reason
not to explicitly express in the headers, so that windows developers can
use libxml2 without concerning about this. Specifically since this isn't
forbidden by the compiler, but the opposite, it's accepted.

I admire all of you working on this (Igor and Daniel, and whoever else
contributing), it's just that the best isn't good enough, it can always
be better :-)

Best regards,
/Gustaf