Re: [xml] question again! --- nobody can help me?[questions about the SAX interface of libxml2]

On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 03:54:13PM +0800, Spirit wrote:
Hi everyone,
   I am a new user of libxml library. Perfect as it really is, I think this library is very good.
However,It's not a simple thing to make clear how to ues this library. Now, there are some basic questions
about the SAX interface:
  Q1. I have an xml file named 'a.xml'. In order to parse this file with the sax interface, what I know is
the following:
         a. defining my callback functions (such as startDocument, startElement,etc.)
         b. accounting a new variant of  'xmlSaxHandler' structure, and then set the my own callbace
function into it
         c. calling ' xmlSAXUserParseFile' function  with the sax handler and 'a.xml' file
         Basically, are the above steps right?

  I do not suggest new users to use the SAX API, use the reader API instead
if you need to stream . Otherwise those steps looks right. See the testSAX.c
code in the source distribution, but again I do NOT recommend using SAX !

 Q2.If errors eccur during parsing file, how can I locate the error position?
        If some errors occur in 'a.xml', the libxml sax parser will call the callback function
'error',which I have set into the 'sax handler',  to notify that error. How can I know the error position
of the source document? I think I should user the document locator.

  No look at the code in error.c e.g. xmlParserPrintFileContext()
ctxt->input has the informations.

 Q3. How can I deal with the entity?

  If you deal with entities then I ABSOLUTELY not recomment using SAX !
http://xmlsoft.org/entities.html see the warning in red at the bottom of the
page.

Daniel