Re: [xml] guile bindings

On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 08:23:52PM +0100, Nic wrote:
I've written some guile bindings for libxml2 and libxsl.

At the moment they're packaged in their own library which I'll put up
on savannah.gnu.org.

  okay

But would anyone (particularly Daniel) be interested in a patch to
the main libxml code to add guile as a distributed binding? (eg: a
--with-guile patch to the autoconf?)

  Hum, there is a lot of points which would need to be checked so that
those bindings gets distributed as part of libxml2 itself:
  1/ Licence should match
  2/ garantee of maintainability
  3/ completeness
  4/ cleanness
  5/ size

 in general adding the bindings means as a result that I guarantee some
level of support, and that's something which might take a bit of time
to estimate. I would really prefer bindings which are automatically gnerated
from the XML API definition of the library, this somewhat garantees a
minimum status for point 2/ 3/ and 4/ .
  I have no idea at the moment about the current state of your code,
and it would be premature - I think - to say yes at this point. But I'm
in general interested in getting good bindings for common languages.

Daniel