Re: [xml] Patch for the RelaxNG error callbacks from Python

Hi Daniel,

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 17:54:36 -0400, Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com> wrote:
sorry it took so long, I was travelling and lost track of the issue.
no problem, I was busy doing other stuff too, so I didn't have time
to work on this issue.

Hum, there is a couple of problems with your patch:
- first please generate contextual patches, usually that can be done
by using the switch -c or -p to the diff tool
ah, ok, it was the first time I did a diff on some files, so I didn't
known about the correct parameters ;-)

- second there seems to be some confusion. You redefine the function
libxml_xmlRelaxNGFreeValidCtxt while it is part of the generated set present in libxml2-py.c with a completely different semantic.
I redefined it so the custom data associated with the validation context
gets deallocated. It must be excluded from the generation process.
This behaviour is similar to xmlFreeParserCtxt and xmlFreeTextReader.

Automatically generated interfaces for custom binding code requires
modifying libxml2-python-api.xml with an XML description of the interface.
Hopefully you can get the semantic of the description by looking at the
example from other functions, this is not documented yet...
okay, I will look into this...

Attached you find the new diff for libxml.c, this time with (hopefully)
the correct switches as well as a diff for the generator.py so the
function libxml_xmlRelaxNGFreeValidCtxt doesn't get generated.

Joachim

--
Joachim Bauch

struktur AG             Fon.:  +49 (0)711 896656 69
Junghansstr. 5          Fax.:  +49 (0)711 896656 10
D-70469 Stuttgart eMail: bauch struktur de solutions for Germany Web: http://www.struktur.de digital business

Download icoya OpenContent 1.3 for FREE! visit http://www.icoya.de/iOC4free <-