Re: [xml] contains() argument treated like XPath expression

On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 05:41:17PM -0400, lsiden wrote:
using a slightly different strategy.  Nevertheless, thank you for your
response, Morus, which was much kinder than Daniel Veillard's.

  You suggested to extend the behaviour of an XPath function for
doing a non-conformant behaviour, at least that's what I understood
from your mail. You didn't say "I don't understand ..." you said
"This doesn't do what I expect... can I change it ?" and then suggesting
to support regexp and later on \\ escaped character.
  My answer was that I didn't agree with this and that such support
could only be done as extension functions.

  Now you can say I'm not kind, it's right I'm not kind to non-compliant
behaviour in general, sorry, I'm unlikely to change on this point.

Daniel Veillard      | Red Hat Network