Re: [xml] contains() argument treated like XPath expression

Thanks, Tobias.  Finally, someone has willingly given me some
information that might be useful next time I have a similar task.  I'm
sorry I did not find these myself.  :)

-ls

On Fri, 2003-07-25 at 04:40, Tobias Reif wrote:
Larry Siden wrote:

 > For example, my own goal was to be able to match all occurences of the
 > newline character ('\n') in a block of text.

http://www.w3.org/TR/xquery-operators/#func-replace
might do what you want, or some of the stuff in
http://www.w3.org/TR/xquery-operators/#string.match
http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt20/#regular-expressions

... but XSLT 2 is not yet a rec.
Saxon supports most parts of the current drafts, and I hope
libxml/libxslt will implement XSLT 2 too.

Tobi