Re: [xml] XInclude and xml:base attribute

Johann Richard wrote:
Manuel,

What about adding the "xml:base" as an "extension" to the XML
Schema? Personally, I think that would be the more correct approach,
xml:base can be seen as an "extension" to your schema, adding some
functionality.

Regards,

In the future my XML Schema will import other XML Schemas which are out of my
control and I can't modify. I would like to be able to use xinclude everywhere
in my document, not only in the elements defined by me. These third-party
Schemas don't have support for xml:base in their elements, and I don't know how
to add this "extension" to XML Schema types without touching the original
Schema.

Now I'm thinking about:
1) Parse the source and process XInclude (adding xml:base attributes)
2) Make a copy of the document, remove xml:base and validate
3) If the document without xml:base is valid, go ahead and read the original
document (the one with the xml:base attributes)

Thanks,
Manuel