RE: [xml] XInclude and xml:base attribute

Manuel,

I'd like to disable the xml:base attribute addition (even if the included
resource is in a different directory) because after performing the XInclude
processing with libxml2 I need to validate the resulting document against a XML
Schema using another library: the xml:base attributes (which can appear in any
element) make the document not valid. I think this is a common problem with
XInclude processing followed by validation.

What about adding the "xml:base" as an "extension" to the XML Schema? Personally, I think that would be the
more correct approach, xml:base can be seen as an "extension" to your schema, adding some functionality.

Regards,

Johann Richard
IC & DSP Design Engineer
Dspfactory SA
Champs-Montants 12a
2074 Marin-Epagnier
Switzerland

Tel: +41 32 755 7400
Fax: +41 32 755 7401
e-mail: mailto:johann richard dspfactory ch

http://www.dspfactory.com
 <>< Re: deemed!