Re: [xml] xmlIndentTreeOutput could not be located in libxml2 - Win2K platf orm

Kramer Matthew-WLMK03 wrote:
Hi. My OS is Win2K, and I'm having trouble using the XML::LibXML Perl module. When I run the following
one-line script (a simple test script just to try and get this issue resolved)...

use XML::LibXML;

...I get the following error message in a dialog box entitled "Perl.exe - Entry Point Not Found"...

"The procedure entry point xmlIndentTreeOutput could not be located in the dynamic link library libxml2.dll."

...and I get the following message at the command prompt...

Can't load 'C:/Perl/site/lib/auto/XML/LibXML/LibXML.dll' for module XML::LibXML: load_file:the specified procedure could not be found at C:/Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 206. at libxml_test.pl line 1
Compilation failed in require at libxml_test.pl line 1.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at libxml_test.pl line 1.

...History: I downloaded the following files from http://www.zlatkovic.com/projects/libxml/binaries.html...

<libxml2-2.5.8.win32.zip>, version 2.5.8 for Windows, IA32.
<iconv-1.8.win32.zip>, version 1.8 for Windows, IA32.
OpenSSL <openssl-0.9.7a.win32.zip>, version 0.9.7a for Windows, IA32.

...Following the instructions in the README file, I placed the contents of the lib and util folders of each
into a folder (C:\libxml), and modified my PATH environment variable accordingly. I have ActiveState Perl
installed, and I used PPM to install the XML::LibXML and XML::LibXSLT modules. I also have
XML::LibXML::Common, XML::NamespaceSupport, XML::NodeFilter, XML::Parser, and XML::SAX modules installed.

I've read through several months of threads from this mailing list archive, searched manpages, documentation,
and websites looking for information on this, but to no avail. I admit I'm not an expert, and I'm new to this
mailing list, so if I'm asking a novice question in the wrong forum, please kindly guide me to the right
mailing list or forum and I'll post my request for help there.

Thank you for any guidance you'd be kind enough to offer.

Matt

Hi Matt,

Your Perl module is compiled using libxml2 version 2.5.6 or lower. The symbol it seeks is there, but called __xmlIndentTreeOutput. This is due to the fact that version 2.5.8 has thread support enabled.

You must either get libxml2 version 2.5.6 or older, or you must rebuild the Perl module with the newer version.

Ciao,
Igor