RE: [xml] Windows threading issues

So that additional define you suggest would say:
I-know-I'm-creating-a-static-libxml-but-it-will-be-used-
from-inside-a-dll-and-I-shall-call-xmlDllMain-from-my-own-DllMain

Maybe LIBXML_STATIC_FOR_DLL?

Why not just move the libxml2 thread related init and cleanup code into
functions.  Change DllMain to call these functions.  When LIBXML_STATIC
is defined then DllMain is not compiled in and the user of the static
library is responsible for calling them in their own DllMain from the
dll that uses this static library.