Re: [xml] avoiding unnecessary copying with xmlreader

On Fri, Jul 04, 2003 at 05:25:23AM -0400, Daniel Veillard wrote:
  Can you check the option of directly accessing the underlying temporary
node ? If this does not work, then extending the API is the only solution
I'm afraid, and not all existing xmlTextReaderPtr based API would be
available without that string copy, sometimes the data doesn't exists as a
already available string.

Yep I'll try this approach.  I guess the downside is that it will make
my code more sensitive to internal changes in the structure from release
to release.

cheers,

Graham.

--